To book please contact me via the Contact Page. A £50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking with the remaining balance payable on the day of your session. Your booking will only be confirmed once the deposit is received. Payment can be accepted by either cash or bank transfer.
FIRST BIRTHDAY PAINT SPLASH £240
- Up to 2 hours studio time
- Use of outfits and props
- Full gallery of high resolution edited images on a USB with printing rights (approx. 20 images)
What to expect
When people think of a photo shoot to mark their little one’s first birthday they usually think cake smash. Cake smash sessions are fabulous and great fun, but if your little one has any allergies that would prevent them from taking part in a cake smash, or if you just fancy doing something a little bit different, then a paint splash session may be a great alternative for you.
The session will take place in my home studio and generally takes between 1-2 hours. I will do my best to schedule the session around your little one’s nap and meal times to ensure we get them at their best.
There are three parts to my paint splash sessions:
- Portrait photos in your child’s own clothes. When dressing your little one for their photos please try to avoid busy patterns or logos in their clothing wherever possible.
- The messy bit! We will change the birthday boy or girl into one of my paint splash outfits and let them loose with the paint.
- The cleanup. Your little one can have a soak in my bathtub prop to relax after all the excitement and clean off all that paint.
As you will know, babies around 12 months of age tend to put everything in their mouths. I therefore make edible paint for these sessions so if they do decide to taste the paint it is completely safe for them to so do. The paint is made from cornflour, water and food colouring.
I have two colour pallet options – pastels or bright colours (you will see examples of both in my gallery). If you choose the bright colours please be aware that the food colouring may cause some temporary staining of your little one’s skin which should wear off after a couple of soapy baths. If you would prefer me to use Crayola non-toxic washable paint for the session (which is easier to clean off the skin) I am happy to do so upon request as this paint is also deemed to be safe in the event that your little one decides to taste it:
You are welcome to bring your other children with you to get involved in the portrait photos at the beginning of the session.
When dressing your children for the photoshoot please try to avoid busy patterns or logos in their clothing. I recommend choosing solid neutral colours wherever possible.
What to bring with you
- An outfit for your child to be photographed in
- Any favourite toys that are likely to grab their attention during the shoot
- A drink for your little one and some snacks